One of the things I love about the Beaufort Street Festival are all the pre-festival fund raising activities, especially those to do with eating and drinking.
This year, the Festival has three big foodie events coming up over the next few weeks, the first of which is the Mary Street Mixer on Thursday the 19th of September followed by not one, but two, Roving Dinners on the 7th & 14th of October. Here are the details.
Mary Street Mixer
Thursday the 19th of September, 6:30 to 9:00pm
This will be long table event at the Mary Street Bakery with beverages sponsored by Cake Wines and Gypsy Cider. Some of the menu items include:
- Selection of cured meats, breads and cheeses
- Fried squid
- Olive bread fritters
- Pumpkin fatayer
- Buttermilk, sriracha, chicken
- Selection of sweet treats and baked goods
Tickets are $60 each plus booking fee and are available via Ticket Booth.
Monday the 7th & 14th of October
Go to one or go to both, either way, each of these promises to be fabulous. Here’s a peak at what you can expect.
Monday 7 October
- Start at Must Winebar for sparkling and canapés
- Move onto El Publico for entrees with matching wine
- Head to a special pop up venue hosted by the Beaufort Street Merchant for mains with matching wine
- then toddle down to Rochelle Adonis to enjoy dessert and a matching fortified (bliss!)
Monday 14 October
- Start with sparkling and canapés at Mary Street Bakery
- Then enjoy share style entrees with matching wine provided by the Beaufort Street Merchant at a special pop up venue
- Move onto Ace Pizza for mains with matching wine
- Take a short walk to make room for dessert and a sticky at Cantina
Each Roving Dinner is limited to 30 people and tickets are $160 each per person plus booking fee and can be purchased via Ticket Booth – link here.
For more information on these or other upcomingFestival events, check out the Beaufort Street Festival’s Facebook Page.*With thanks to Michelle Rechichi and Laura Moseley for details and photos