If you’ve decided to put your property on the market before Christmas, here are my 5 top tips for you:
- Take your photos before you put up the tree. Nothing says “stale” more than seeing photos of properties in the new year with Christmas Trees in them.
- Keep decorations to a minimum or put them away for viewings. Remember the rules of declutter and depersonalise? They still apply at Christmas too.
- Be prepared to allow buyers through by appointment over the Christmas/New Year period. If you’ve got too many things on and it’s going to be too difficult to have viewings consider waiting until the new year to sell it.
- Accept that there will be less buyers around. That said, those buyers that are around usually have time off and more time to look. You might also find there are buyers in Perth just for the holidays that are thinking of moving back and trying to find a new home in the area.
- Don’t forget the aircon! Things can get hot over the holidays. Cool down the house and leave the aircon on for viewings, especially on those 30 degree plus days.
And if you didn’t want to sell your property before or over Christmas but have to? Don’t panic! We can help. Just call or sms me on 0405812273 and we’ll pop out and discuss a plan to get you sold.